6 Reasons Why You Should Sell Your House in December
December and New Year’s give you the perfect occasion to sell your house. Not only can you find a motivated buyer, you can also save on some of your costs.
1. Home Buyer who didn’t buy during the recent buying frenzy are worried that they may not find their dream house. Any buyer looking at homes during the holiday season is motivated.
2. Home shoppers put off looking for a home because of holiday decorating, shopping, and parties. Plus, the cold weather makes home buyers prefer to stay home; they wait for warm weather to buy real estate. Get the edge with little competition from other sellers.
3. Interest rates continue to creep up. Who knows what the rates will rise to next year? A lower interest rate is attractive to a buyer.
4. Real estate agents need to keep their momentum going and can’t afford to take too much time off. When the agents aren’t as busy, you get better service. Plus, they’re more likely to take lowered commissions, because they just want to opportunity to sell the property.
5. Appraisers need work. Too many individuals became real estate appraisers when there was too much work. It used to take a week or more to schedule an appraisal. We just ordered an appraisal and the appraiser wanted to come out the same afternoon! Also, appraisal fees cost less today than last month.
6. Lenders threaten to tighten up qualifications next year. Last summer, loan officers were able to get through almost any loan. Today is your best shot to sell your house and make sure your potential buyers get approved by their lender.
Hopefully this article was helpful and if you have any questions about selling your property quickly and for a fair price contact Fair House Offer at 888-277-2711 or click here.